Friday 13 September 2013

The First Post.

I must start my blog by being very honest...

I had no idea what a lifestyle blog WAS let alone thinking about starting one myself until around 3 weeks ago, when my three best friends from England came to visit me for our yearly get together in my home in Southern Spain. Natalie, one of the three girlfriends, began her own fashion blog about a year ago now and has been doing brilliantly well and flourishing in her passion for fashion (excuse the cliché) ever since. Definitely give her a stalk - www.maisieivy.com - you won't be disappointed! Back to the point, due to her immense involvement in the world of blogging, she began to convince me to start my own blog. However, my immediate thought was... but what would I make a blog about? I don't have a strong enough passion to start my own regular blog on it. (I'm the type of person that if I wanna do something, I want to do it well, not half heartedly). This is when Natalie truly introduced me into the idea of a lifestyle blog; a place where you simply document your day to days interests, passions and happenings. Over the last 2 years of sixth form especially, I have been an avid follower of many fashion blogs and most probably, "lifestyle blogs" without even realising there was an actually a category for this type of blog. I'm a bit of a dork like that.

So anyway, as you can see, she managed to convince me and here I am, writing this first blog post not knowing what the rules are, if I am doing it correctly or how it will turn out. I think the idea is to be yourself... so I haven't planned this at all and just gone with the flow.

I graduated from sixth in May having studied the International Baccalaureate for 2 years in Sotogrande International School. This year I am taking a gap year, the plan being to work in Manchester, living with my sister who is in about to start her second year of studying Chinese there, and live with her while I save up money to then go travel
ling to South America in around February time for 5/6 months(depending on income!). So - that's one of the main reasons I decided to start this blog, so I could document the next year, especially my travels, as I think it's a really cool way to remember one's adventures.

ANYWAY, all posts must end somewhere (you will go on to see I am quite the chatter box) and this seems like a good place to bring this first post to a close.

I hope, wherever you are, you enjoy reading my blog, and look forward to hearing about what you all think about it!

Lots of love,
Rosanna

P.S here I leave you a small collage so you can get a bit of an insight on me... second post coming soon!


Starting top left, me and my sister, mojito at sunset at my favourite beach in the world (Conil), my home town Ronda, my graduation May 2013, first cappuccino I made for myself(pretty proud), middle big photo, the most important people in my life, my family, my best friends from England, Cherry and Natalie, beautiful Venice this Summer inter-railing,  my ridiculously adorable dog, Eddie, delicious mini burger with quail egg and Sangria, the pool at my parent's Hotel in Spain, Frank Ocean concert while inter-railing this summer in Munich, Germany, and finally 3 of my best girlfriends, Ana, Elise and Paulina at Trevi Fountain, Rome, again this summer inter-railing.

No comments:

Post a Comment